If you have heard about Metaverse, then you must have heard of the NFT tokens as well. Today, many people are using metaverse, the virtual worlds in it and are using NFT tokens to play games, create new worlds and even buy real estate. But one of the latest topics that many enthusiasts are talking about is; NFT avatars.
Let’s see what NFT avatars are and how are they used?
NFT avatars are pixilated or cartoonish images that look like profile pictures. They are usually the head and shoulder region of an image and are created in a more artistic format. The imagery, the style, and the pixilated format of each and every image make them different from each other. All the avatars are different in looks so that none of them are similar to any other avatar. Most of the characters in these tokens are imaginary or they are highly edited versions of any original resource. Today the NFT avatars are sold for millions of dollars.
Some of the popular NFT avatar collections are like a boring ape yacht club, crypto punks, azuki etc.
There are several reasons why these avatars are so popular in the current market:
- They are turning out to be good investments. Many tend to buy these avatars at a low price. And as the market is becoming popular and these avatars are rising in demand, their prices are getting tripled.
- The rarity of these avatars is another reason why they are so popular. Everybody wants to have something that is rare and is not easy to get by. It is almost like owning a rare painting, which only the owner has the right to use.
- Most of these NFT avatars tend to have a dedicated community for the buyers. From metaverse virtual clubs to discord servers, the members can communicate with each other. Many NFT creators provide different benefits to the buyers.
How are they used?
One can use these avatars for different purposes and on different platforms, like:
- Avatars are used in games in the metaverse, as many tend to use them to make in-game purchases.
- Many people buy NFT avatars to create a collection and sell them at a later stage when the prices go high.
- Some also like to use NFT avatars on social media to create a certain sense of uniqueness.
How to get NFT avatars?
There are two ways to an NFT avatar:
- Create an avatar: Simply go to the NFT marketplace and click on the create avatar option. This will allow one to create an avatar using the NFT generator from the avatar that already exists by editing the same. This created avatar can be either put on auction or can be used by the creator.
- Buy an avatar: Next is the most popular way to get an avatar. One can go to a marketplace and buy an avatar of one’s choice. Simply visit a marketplace site choose from a collection of choices. From the collection, one can pick any NFT avatar one likes. Some avatars will be at the auction, while, others can be bought directly. NFT are bought using ETH or Ethereum, therefore one should have an ETH account.
Without any doubt, now is the perfect time to jump on the NFT train. There are different options to pick from, and if one is careful, one can profit from these NFTs as well.